#Julia #Any Language #Back-end #Cloud Computing #Machine Learning #InstantML
As a head of development at Tangent Works you will work on managing, building, and assuring quality of the back-end and front-end components of a distributed machine learning platform TIM (Tangent Information Modeller).
TIM is an automatic model building engine for forecasting and anomaly detection on time-series data. TIM introduces InstantML – a new perspective on machine learning that brings ML closer to the end user and is a next step after AutoML. From technical perspective, TIM is a set of distributed micro-services written in Julia and Python with REST APIs deployable on premise, in the cloud and on the edge. Front-end components are implemented using ReactJS. Some of the components are exposed via plug-ins to widely recognized BI platforms like Qlik, Alteryx, PowerBI, … and cloud platforms like Azure and Amazon.
This is a dream job for people passioned about code that drives machine learning to the next level.
- You lead a team of software engineers responsible for the design, development and maintenance of a high quality SaaS platform.
- You develop and implement best practices for software development and maintenance.
- You develop workable procedures for security, reliability and performance. You ensure openness to discuss problems and you implement a continuous improvement approach.
- You work closely together in cross-functional teams (product management, design management…) to prioritize customer needs.
- You are in charge for the integration and scalability of the SaaS platform.
- You oversee the project planning and ensure that projects can be delivered on time. You identify technical issues and provide feasible solutions.
- You coach your team and you help them grow as individuals and as a team.
- You are part of the management team, work together with the CTO R&D and reporting to the CEO.
- Lead design discussions related to
- Software architecture and design patterns
- Database architecture
- Quality assurance, testing, and test-driven development
- Complex time-series data querying and pre-processing
- Asynchronous communication with other systems / micro-services
- Algorithmic development, high-performance computing, parallelism
- UI components and front-end
- Propose architecture, APIs and designs with high code re-usability and low maintenance
- Aim to exceed user expectations, ensuring that usability and performance are given equal considerations during design and development.
- Improve reliability and computational performance of the system
- Review proposed code and provide feedback
- Follow latest developments in Julia and its eco-system
- DevOps and SCRUM/Agile sprint management
- 10+ years of solid back-end development experience (any language)
- 5+ years in a leading role
- Ability to navigate through different levels of abstraction of software development
- Strong communication skills, especially with regards to requirements gathering and documentation
- Software architecture and design patterns with modular, effective, and re-usable software components
- REST, GraphQL, synchronous and asynchronous designs, parallelism
- Quality assurance policies, automated testing
- Cloud Computing (Azure or AWS), Docker Containers, DevOps
- Team leading skills and servant leadership
Additional Desirable Experience
- Julia experience is a plus, an experience with MVC frameworks
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly organised and self-driving with eye for detail and quality
- Great communicator in English that wants to get the job done
- Bachelor / Master Degree
What we offer
- A competitive package
- Working in an international team (Slovakia, Belgium, UK, USA and growing)
- An inspirational environment, where you can co-construct and shape the organisation
- A dynamic and motivated team
- Position in Belgium/Gent or Antwerp (remote working possible)